New Building/Remodeling/Renovation - Medical Center Pforzheim
Regarding the construction of a new building and modernization of the Pforzheim Medical Center, three big phases of construction are planned: an annex including a helipad, renovation and extension of the bed storage, remodeling and renovation of the medical center in smaller phases of construction.
According to the requests made, the Medical Center is going to be remodeled, extended and modernized. The fire protection system will additionally be modernized.
Buildings in need of renovation are the bed storage A, C and D and the buildings I, II and III in which treatment is available. The annex will be split up in a west and south wing.
Remodeling and renovation of the existing buildings and the annex are going to include the following features:
- central emergency department
- operating rooms with recovery rooms and ICU nearby
- intermediate care unit
- gynecology, oncology, maternity ward with neonatal department
- cardiology, cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab)
- radiology, nuclear medicine, radio therapy
- bed storage
The annex and the renovation of the hospital are performed during day-to-day business.